Statement of Educational Equity
At Serendipity, we believe the following:
- Educational Equity ensures that all students have access to opportunities to learn and develop to their fullest potentials.
- Equity is different from equality. While equality demands that everyone be treated the same, equity provides each learner with the individualized strategies they need to be successful.
- The pursuit of educational equity requires recognition of the historical conditions and barriers that have prevented opportunity and success in learning.
- For many students, these include their race, income, gender, gender identities, mental health conditions, beliefs, disabilities, and other social conditions.
- Serendipity strives to eliminate these structural and institutional barriers.
- We do this through instruction and community building, allowing all students the opportunities and support to engage in the education they deserve. We believe the experience of participating in a culture of justice, fairness, and inclusion prepares our students and our world for the best possible futures.