An essential component to Serendipity Center’s Wellness Program is Therapeutic Recreation.
The Serendipity campus has designated indoor and outdoor activity spaces, in addition to the NIKE Playground, to provide our students the opportunity for daily movement and play. Consistent with the programs offered at Serendipity, Therapeutic Recreation seeks to build physical, cognitive, and emotional skills through an integrated approach. Physically active environments are natural settings for peer to peer interaction and the development of social skills through play. At Serendipity Therapeutic Recreation focuses on the improvement of one social skill each semester that is adapted for diverse developmental levels and classroom needs.
Features of our Therapeutic Recreation Program:
- Integrates academics, wellness, and at-home activities
- Lesson plans modified to meet developmental needs of each class
- Focus on building life-long movement skills
- Focus on non-competitive activities and non-elimination games
- Prioritizes continuous movement
- A chance for students to experience joy in their day