Representatives of each Upper School classroom serve on Serendipity’s Student Council. Under the guidance of staff advisors, student council members plan and facilitate a variety of school activities throughout the school year, spearhead student initiatives designed to improve community life at the school and provide invaluable feedback to Serendipity’s management team regarding the agency’s policies, programs and interventions. This provides members with the opportunity to develop leadership and self-advocacy skills while directly impacting the quality of the student experience at Serendipity.
- Student Council members hold formal meetings every two weeks to plan events and develop leadership skills.
- Student Council members plan and oversee multiple themed dances and spirit weeks to cultivate school pride and joy in the student community.
- Student Council members participate in the agency’s Quality/Continuous Improvement Plan (Q-CIP) meetings, expressing student concerns directly to Serendipity’s managers and other stakeholders.
- Student Council members represent the student body at Serendipity’s annual Pearls of Hope fundraising event.
- Student Council members regularly generate ideas to improve school life, advocate for ideas suggested by peers and advance initiatives when feasible for the betterment of all in the school community.