Board Member Job Description
Summary: Members of Serendipity’s Board of Directors have the general responsibilities to ensure organizational focus on our mission, to further our strategic goals, and to generate effectiveness and integrity within the Board of Directors.
- The Board serves as an advocate for Serendipity in the community.
- The Board develops and implements the annual Strategic Plan for Serendipity.
- The Board provides financial oversight for the organization.
- The Board employs the Executive Director.
- The Board is the fundraising engine for the organization.
- The Board annually reviews Serendipity’s mission and by-laws.
- Regularly attend board meetings, committee meetings, special events, and at least one campus event.
- Complete an annual work plan and make a serious commitment to participate actively in committee and/or project work.
- Participate in the fundraising efforts of Serendipity.
- Make a personal financial contribution that is significant to you.
- Volunteer for assignments and complete them thoroughly and on-time.
- Remain informed about committee matters, prepared for meetings, and willing to review and comment on minutes, reports, and recommendations.
- Expand Serendipity’s contacts by attending marketing events and special events, inviting guests, arranging presentations, or hosting events that build awareness of Serendipity’s mission and work.
- Get to know other board members and build a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.