Directions for Setting up Flash Alert Messenger
Flash Alert (the information bar that scrolls at the bottom of the television screen telling families when school is closed) offers an app that you can sign up for that will instantly tell you via your phone, when Serendipity is closed for the day.
Here are the steps.
- Open a browser window (It does not work with internet explorer)
- Type in https://www.flashalert.net/id/Serendipity
- Enter your personal email address
- Create a password
- If you want to link it to your phone. Click my linked phone apps
- Download “flash alert messenger” (on your smart phone)
- Click allow for push notifications
- Follow directions on screen of phone, either enter in code into web browser on computer or click link.
- Click on register on phone, log in.
On the flash alert website, you can also explore other ways to get notifications, so if you do not have a smart phone, or would not like to receive texts… there are other ways to find out if we are closed.