Facilitating Student Healing and Growth
The therapeutic services offered at Serendipity Center integrate mental health supports into the structure of a private, special education school. This service delivery model is unique within the five county area we serve, and allows us to provide what we call “therapeutic education.”
— Jackie Trussell, LCSW, Treatment Director
Collaboratively Developing the Best Treatment Plan for our Students
We seamlessly weave together special education and mental health treatment so that we are better able to serve our high-needs students. With that in mind, all intervention strategies (academic, social, behavioral, emotional, and physical) are collaboratively planned and executed through a shared understanding of each child’s holistic strengths and needs. Each student is assigned a Clinical Case Manager, a master’s level mental health professional who is responsible for delivering and coordinating mental health services for the student and their family within our therapeutic school setting.
The therapeutic services provided at Serendipity include:
- Mental health assessments and treatment planning
- Psycho-educational groups and therapy groups
- Individual behavioral counseling and crisis intervention
- Behavioral interventions provided by a Qualified Mental Health Associate
- Collaborative Problem Solving
- Parent coaching and family support
- Clinical consultation to classroom teams
- Coordination of services with outside providers
- Psychiatric services and consultation
Serendipity’s model of case management adheres to our belief that partnering with our families, school districts, and other team members greatly enhances the success our students realize. To read more about the impact of our therapeutic services, read Our Students’ Stories.